|Phone number :||/|
|Fax number :||360-694-8981|
|Web site :||/|
Qualified applicants may forward resume, cover letter and copies of all licenses and certifications :
Tidewater ATTN: Human Resources, PO Box 1210,
|Postal code :||98666-1210.|
|City :||Vancouver, WA|
|Kind of job:||Paramaritime|
|Job offer:||Deck mechanics|
|Kind of contract :||/|
|Description of the job :||
Vancouver, WA Close Date: Resumes accepted until positions are filled
Tidewater Barges Lines has open positions for Deck Mechanics to join its facilities in Vancouver, Washington.
Primary Responsibilities include:
•To be knowledgeable of all vessel and deck equipment, including basic engine room knowledge, safe operation of winches, and safe handling of wires and ropes.
• To hook and unhook boat, and tie off and untie boat and barges.
• To make and break up tows. To splice rope.
• To keep barges clean, tidy and lines stowed. To keep boat clean, tidy and painted as directed.
• To monitor and log engine room gauges, keep equipment lubricated, and in good working order. To follow daily maintenance requirements of vessel.
• To accurately complete all required duties and associated logs, reports, requisitions, repair requests and other similar paperwork.
• To prepare meals for crew and clean up.
Physical requirements include:
•While working 6-hour watch, alternates standing/walking/sitting.
• Frequently walking on steel or wood decks, around obstacles, on moving, pitching, or rolling decks or barge surfaces.
• Climbing or descending ladders, stairways, etc. is frequent to access various vessel areas and barges.
• Stooping/kneeling/twisting frequently required while tying and untying tows and various other clean up, repair and general maintenance duties.
• Physical requirements include pulling/pushing using up to 200 pounds of force; lifting up to 120 pounds and carrying up to 80 pounds.
Shifts are 15 days on, 15 off
We accept resumes only for open positions; please indicate on your cover letter the title of the position you are applying for. Tidewater offers competitive wages and excellent benefits. Pre-employment drug screen, background check and physical are required.