|Phone number :||/|
|Fax number :||360-694-8981|
|Web site :||/|
Qualified applicants may forward resume, cover letter and copies of all licenses and certifications :
Tidewater ATTN: Human Resources, PO Box 1210,
|Postal code :||98666-1210.|
|City :||Vancouver, WA|
|Kind of job:||Paramaritime|
|Job offer:||Boat operator|
|Kind of contract :||/|
|Description of the job :||
Vancouver, WA Close Date: Resumes accepted until positions are filled
Tidewater Barge Lines, Inc. has open positions forBOAT OPERATORS to join its facilities in Vancouver, Washington.
Primary responsibilities include
• Operation of vessel, in accordance with applicable licensing, regulatory, and safety requirements, and to provide safe and efficient transport as requested by customers and instructed by Dispatch.
• Requires knowledge of all vessel & deck equipment, including basic engine room knowledge, safe operation of winches, and safe handling of wires and ropes.
• Must maintain current, valid, Coast Guard licenses and documents authorizing operation of Tidewater’s vessels, and any additional standards required by any other authorized regulatory agency or Tidewater.
• Ability to design and layout tows, complete all required lock paperwork, pilothouse logs, and any other required documentation for Company or outside use.
• To demonstrate the interpersonal skills to work cooperatively with other crew members, in close quarters, for extended periods of time, in a variety of condition.
• Work cooperatively and efficiently to transport customers’ products according to instruction on each voyage.
Physical requirements include:
• Primarily standing and sitting in wheelhouse, while working 6-hour watch.
• Climbing or descending ladders, stairways, etc. is frequent for access to various vessel areas.
• Stooping/kneeling/twisting normally required only when providing assistance to deck crew.
• Pulling/pushing using up to 200 pounds of force; lifting up to 120 pounds and carrying up to 80 pounds.
• Maintain physical condition appropriate for both normal and emergency duties.
Must possess current USCG Master/Mate of Towing license
Shifts are 15 days on, 15 off
Training period: We will train for these positions. The length of training period will depend on the person’s current license classification and relevant experience.
Tidewater offers competitive wages and benefits, and requires pre-employment drug screen, physical and background check. We accept resumes only for open positions; please include the position title on your resume. Females and minorities are encouraged to apply.