of the job :
- Assemble all information pertinent to the trip including: Program
itinerary, rooming lists, manifests, Passenger Messages Report, Passenger
Emergency Contact List, Confirmed Category Reports, Pinnacle Member
Listing, Association Listing – all WISDM generated. Assemble non-WISDM
items including: VIP forms, gift requests, Arrival and departure manifest,
program start-up notes, TD Daily Reports from previous group, accounting
- Complete airline work-up for each flight within the given departure.
Develop outline based on first-class, business class and economy class
passengers. Assess which passengers you are flying with. If other
passengers in the group are flying separately please ensure that you have
all arrival and departure information for these passengers.
- Assemble hand-outs for the trip, including: Welcome Envelopes, Welcome
Itineraries, Currency Conversion Charts, TD Arrival Notes, Departure
Notices, maps, Weissman Reports, questionnaire envelopes.
- Accompany group on entire program
including all tours, ensuring that the services ordered are received,
and the Passengers’ expectations are met or exceeded. Serve as liaison
between passengers and hotels, ground operators, airlines and cruise
lines. Schedule and attend meetings with suppliers in each destination on
a given departure. Keep passengers informed throughout the trip via
briefings, informational hand-outs, and one-on-one dialogue.
- In the event of program interruptions and/or emergencies, make
responsible decisions based on training, discussions with local suppliers,
and when necessary, discussions with INTRAV staff in the office.
Travel Director Employment:
- When NOT on a trip, Travel Directors are available to help out in
other departments at INTRAV/Clipper Cruise Line. This includes but is not
limited to: working with the inside sales department, various clerical
duties, covering the switchboard etc.
- Travel Directors will be responsible for additional work-ups (pre trip
preparation) for departures that have been assigned to a local staff.
- College degree required
- International travel experience preferred.