|Phone number :||/|
|Fax number :||/|
|Web site :||Information about the SvitzerWijsmuller Group can be found on www.svitzerwijsmuller.com|
|Postal code :||/|
|Kind of job:||Paramaritime|
|Job offer:||Engineeering Superintendent|
|Kind of contract :||/|
|Description of the job :||
At SvitzerWijsmuller, results and values go hand in hand. With 2,000
employees and a fleet of 250+ vessels, we provide towage, salvage and
related marine services in over 30 countries world-wide. To sustain our
position as one of the world's leading marine services company, we encourage
a culture of commitment, innovation and entrepreneurship where all employees
take responsibility for our purpose: to provide safety and support at sea.
SvitzerWijsmuller is headquartered in Denmark and is part of the A.P. Moller - Maersk Group.
ENGINEERING SUPERINTENDENT, GREENOCK
SVITZER MARINE LIMITED
Reporting to the Technical Manager for the UK region, you will be responsible for the technical operation of owned, managed and third party vessels operating primarily in Belfast, Greenock and Grangemouth ensuring that vessels are ready for operation 24/7 to meet operational commitments. Although part of a team based at Greenock, Scotland, the role will include travel to other ports outside your primary operating area.
Areas of responsibilities:
1. Ensuring the full technical readiness of vessels
2. Control of technical budgets for the fleet and supplementary projects.
3. The preparation, monitoring and control of repair and maintenance budgets for the fleet including records of spare part, fuel and lub. oil usage.
4. The management, planning and coordination of maintenance, regular service periods, dry-docks and upgrades through the designated service contractors / vessel crew as appropriate. The development and use of planned maintenance and purchase systems via group computerised maintenance management and purchase systems.
5. Co-ordination and control of the supply of equipment, spares and Insurance spares via the Group Electronic Purchasing System
6. Coordination of surveys, inspections and certification ensuring that the vessels are fully operational in accordance with local, national, flag and classification society requirements.
7. Plan, supervise and manage dry-docking, vessel upgrades and other major repair or upgrade periods, sometimes at external ports, ensuring timely, prompt return to the fleet of vessels under repair. The preparation and control of dry-docking and repair budgets. Input to the preparation of vessel specifications and appraisal of new tonnage requirements.
8. The promotion of safety and safe working practices.
9. Hull and Machinery claim reports and claims documentation.
10. The development of port based engineering expertise among selected vessel crew capable of accepting delegated responsibility for local engineering planning and maintenance.
11. To implement and continue a programme of training of vessel crew to meet required operational, technical and safety standards.
12. Development of IT solutions for local and national engineering support.
13. Undertake and perform such other duties as may be required from time to time to ensure the operational efficiency of the business in Liverpool and elsewhere
Engineering to a minimum of STCW III/2, unlimited, motor
At least 5 years of marine operational experience including management as senior seagoing engineer or superintendent
Proficient in IT systems including Microsoft office
Familiar with Maritime Rules and Regulation, Codes and Guidelines, ISM Code and ISPS requirements and Class.
Experience in leading and managing.
The successful candidate will be employed by Svitzer Marine Limited on terms aligned to Group grading system.
Preferred Starting Date
Immediate. All applicants must have existing EU working entitlement.
30 June 2006