|Phone number :||/|
|Fax number :||/|
|E-Mail :||Please send a full CV and covering letter in complete confidence to Svitzer@Apply-Direct.com.|
|Web site :||Further information about the SvitzerWijsmuller Group can be found on www.svitzerwijsmuller.com|
|Postal code :||/|
|Kind of job:||Sailing|
|Job offer:||Marine officer|
|Kind of contract :||/|
|Description of the job :||
At SvitzerWijsmuller, results and values go hand in hand. With 2,000
employees and a fleet of 250 vessels, we provide towage, salvage and related
marine services in over 30 countries world-wide. To sustain our position as
one of the world's leading marine services company, we encourage a culture
of commitment, innovation and entrepreneurship where all employees take
responsibility for our purpose: to provide safety and support at sea.
SvitzerWijsmuller is headquartered in Denmark and is part of the A.P. Moller
- Maersk Group.
MARINE OFFICER - SVITZER MARINE LIMITED - TEESSIDE UK
Reporting to the Port Manager, you will be responsible for the efficient & safe operation of owned, managed and third party vessels operating primarily in the North East area of the UK, meeting all marine, operations and safety obligations. Although part of a team based at Teesside, the role will include travel to other ports outside your primary operating area. Svitzer Marine regards this position as one of development leading to more senior roles in our Company and is ideal for a deck officer seeking to develop his career ashore.
Areas of responsibilities:
* Marine Operations and Safety
* Crew Performance Management
* Crew Training
* Tug Controlling as part of a rota including Out of Hours cover
* Business Development
* Tier 2 Oil Pollution Response
* Employee relations
* Budgeting and Forecasting
* Marine deck officer to a minimum of STCW iii/3 with preference for Foreign Going certification
* At least 5 years of marine operational experience including management as a senior seagoing officer.
* Proficient in IT systems
* Experience in managing personnel, safety